Salary: $13.00 to $15.00 /hour
This is a dual role which includes servicing current accounts, development of sales strategies and new business as well as servicing equipment while providing the utmost level of customer service.
The Sales Representative/Service Technician aspect of this position is responsible for developing sales strategies to attract new clients and play a key role in increasing income and revenue. Must negotiate with customers, generate leads and qualify prospects. This position also assists the service department to ensure customers are getting timely service.
The Service Technician aspect of this position assists customers by installing and servicing gaming systems and products. Employee serves existing customers by analyzing work orders, investigating complaints, conducting repairs, and resolving our customers’ problems. On-the-job training is offered and we will assist you in becoming successful. This is a full-time position that includes a full benefits package.
Midwest Electronics Gaming is a licensed Terminal Operator by the Illinois Gaming Board and is seeking an energetic and dynamic individual to add to our growing team.
· “Get the sale” using various sales methods
· Evaluate customer needs and build new relationships
· Research accounts, generate and follow through on sales leads
· Meet personal and team sales targets
· Attend meetings, events and trainings to keep abreast of the latest developments
· Maintain and expand client base
· Identify and grow opportunities to ensure growth attainment
· Develop clear and effective written/oral proposals for current and prospective customers
· Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services
· Participates in trade shows and conventions as appropriate
· Operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to customers
· Ensure the timely and successful delivery of solutions according to customer needs and objectives
· Assist with high severity requests or issues escalations as needed
· Communicate regularly with Service Technician Manager
· Work with Licensing Specialist on compliance checks for pending and licensed establishments: meet with locations before renewal, meet with clubs during election period, obtain current records necessary for licensing
· Previous sales experience preferred
Service Technician Duties
· Serves existing accounts by analyzing work orders; planning daily travel schedule; investigating complaints; conducting tests; resolving problems.
· Establishes service by studying system requirements; ordering and gathering components and parts; completing installation; performing acceptance tests.
· Maintains rapport with customers by examining complaints; identifying solutions; suggesting improved methods and techniques; recommending system improvements.
· Keeps company equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
· Documents service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
· Maintains customer confidence by keeping service information confidential.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
· Counting, verifying and reporting on inventory
· Provide assistance and support for incoming inquiries and issues related to company systems and equipment
· Other duties as assigned
· Regular attendance is both an expectation and requirement for this position
· Strong sales and customer service skills
· Proficiency with numbers, budgets and time management
· Ability to present ideas, negotiate and problem solve
· Great written and oral communication skills
· Proven sales experience
· Familiar with different sales techniques
· Self-motivated and driven, ability to work independently
· Demonstrated good judgement and initiative
· Demonstrated ability to work in a confidential environment
· Must possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Ability to obtain a Terminal Handler’s license from the State of Illinois within 90 days of hire
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail with ability to read and interpret various forms of information
- Excellent customer service skills with desire to exceed customer expectations
- Ability to work independently in a timely manner, making sure job is done correctly the first time
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service video gaming terminal equipment and other amusement equipment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize, and maintain a high quality of work while experiencing frequent interruptions
- Proven ability to follow directions, with demonstrated good judgement and initiative
- Ability to handle frequent driving
- Flexible availability
- Video Gaming Terminal experience
- Amusement or ATM experience
- Electronics troubleshooting experience
- Audio setup and installation
- Route driving experience
- Basic computer networking
- Cable installation
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Must have Illinois Gaming Board Handlers License or the ability to obtain a license within 90 days
- At least 21 years of age
- High School diploma or equivalent
Job Type: Full-time
Employees are expected to maintain a good personal appearance and to give consideration to neatness and cleanliness. Business casual attire is appropriate. All articles of clothing should not be tattered or torn. Tennis shoes or boots should not have excessive wear or holes. Hair should be clean, trimmed and neatly combed or arranged. Depending on the task, hair worn long may need to be gathered or tied back to ensure your safety. Facial hair should be neatly trimmed.
Position involves challenging deadlines and aggressive performance goals. Account Executive/Sales personnel typically work long hours and significant travel is required to visit clients, network with others, and to prospect for new business. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and scanners. Position is subject to irregular work schedules, long trips, short notice for assignments of trips and tight schedules. Duties will be performed in a variety of environments. There will be occasional exposure to events such as excessive noise and alcohol.
Must be able to sit and remain alert while driving for an aggregate period of time. Must be able to read, comprehend, write, perform calculations, input accurately, reason, and analyze. The incumbent must communicate both orally and in writing.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is constantly required to use hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to frequently climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, walk, push, pull, and reach.
This position varies in shift, including late nights, weekends and holidays. Must be available to work nights or weekends, to service needs of customers.
Travel is a primary duty of this position and frequent.