As the Human Resource Specialist, you will handle a variety of personnel related administrative duties. Your role is to act as the liaison between managers and employees, ensuring smooth communication and prompt resolution of all queries. You will also support our daily HR activities and assist in coordinating HR policies, processes and relevant documents. The HR Specialist will work autonomously and assist in more complex HR duties, like posting job ads, coordinating interviews and contacting candidates. This individual will ensure our HR department is organized and operates to attract, hire and maintain our employees. Prior Human Resource experience is Mandatory.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Creating and distributing documents.
- Providing customer service to organization employees.
- Serving as a point of contact with benefit vendors/administrators.
- Maintaining current HR files and databases.
- Coordinate HR projects such as meetings, training, surveys, evaluations, etc.
- Posting job ads and organizing resumes and job applications.
- Scheduling job interviews and assisting in interview process.
- Ensuring background and reference checks are completed.
- Preparing new employee files.
- Overseeing the completion of compensation and benefit documentation.
- Conduct initial orientation to newly hired employees. This will include, but is not limited to, setting up internal systems, workstation, and collecting documentation.
- Completing termination paperwork and assisting with exist interviews.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Proven experience as an HR assistant, staff assistant or relevant human resources/administrative position.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a confidential environment.
- Basic knowledge of labor laws.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills.
- Organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality.
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources or related field.
Competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package including 401k and Profit-Sharing plans.