Pennsylvania lawmakers have approved a law allowing video gambling on slot machine terminals in truck stops throughout the state of Pennsylvania. ME Gaming should be your number 1 resource when it comes to navigating the world of gaming. Our expert team can help you through every step of the way. From the application process, to machine placement, to marketing strategies.
Adding video gaming to your truck step can be an easy way to increase your revenue and provide a source of entertainment for your visitors. Adding video gaming machines requires no additional staff and minimal resources to get started. Our team will be there every step of the way.
Here are the six requirements a truck stop must meet to be eligible to apply to add video gaming to their businesses:
- Must be located on at least 3 contiguous acres of property not owned by the Pennsylvania Turnpike
- Must be able to accommodate at least 20 parking spaces for commercial motor vehicles
- Must be a licensed PA Lottery Sales Agent
- Must be equipped with a convenience store
- Must be equipped with diesel islands for fueling commercial motor vehicles
- Must sell at least 50,000 gallons of diesel or biodiesel per month on an annual basis.
Getting Your License
If your establishment meets all of the qualifications listed above, the next step is to apply for your video gaming license with the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board.
A cost share of revenue will be mandated by the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board between the truck stop gaming establishment, the Terminal Operator/gaming provider, and the state. The breakdown is as follows:
- 15% to the truck stop establishment
- 42% to the Commonwealth
- 10% to the municipalities that host video gaming establishments
- Remainder to the Terminal Operator
Please find these helpful links below to educate yourself on Pennsylvania’s polices and regulations surrounding gaming.
Pennsylvania Secretary of State Website – https://www.dos.pa.gov/Pages/default.aspx
Pennsylvania Gaming Board Website – https://gamingcontrolboard.pa.gov/
Pennsylvania Liquor Control Commission – https://www.lcb.pa.gov/Pages/default.aspx
Contact the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board here: https://gamingcontrolboard.pa.gov/?p=33
Pennsylvania VGT Applications – https://gamingcontrolboard.pa.gov/?p=289
Schedule for Gaming Control Board Meetings – https://gamingcontrolboard.pa.gov/?p=71